Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Middle of the Road

So between having a few midterms this week and having just returned home from Barcelona, i've been a little hard pressed to write anything. Last weekend I ventured to Barcelona with my friend Richie who had already been there one time before. This ended up working out great because he was a free tour guide and new a lot of fun spots to go. Also, Richie traveled all over Europe, which is what most people in European hostels are doing, so that was an easy conversation starter. On Saturday in the afternoon, the 2 of us realized that the FC Barcelona game had gotten moved from Sunday to Saturday night. We ended up finding some pretty cheap tickets and going. My first European football experience was quite amazing, even though we were in the nose bleeds and it was pretty windy and cold. In the last 10 minutes Lionel Messi (they're Kobe) got a penalty kick on our side of the field and he scored which was pretty awesome considering I was sporting his jersey. Around Barcelona for the remainder of the weekend I did a little exploring and saw some amazing gothic architecture as well as some beatiful views of the city (standing inside of a giant tower with Christopher Columbus pointing out over the ocean on top of it).
Returning from Barcelona, I have a littel over a month left abroad (hence the middle of the road post title, not my best I know). Crazy. This semester has definitely gone by very fast, but I have been pretty fortunate to be able to do all the things that I have done in the last 2 months. Coming up on my docket are a weekend in Paris over Thanksgiving, and a cultural exchange program for 4 days in Morocco. But I can't lie, I will be excited to have Christmas in America with family and friends, (minus my brother Kyle who's teaching english to little misfits in Saigon). More stories to come, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment